High Performance Ventilation Products
Ventilation of roof spaces is required by building regulations throughout the UK and Ireland.
We stock a comprehensive range of Glidevale products designed to:
- Meet all requirements of regulations and codes of practice
- Cater for all types of tile and slate roof covering
- Accommodate almost any roof design and form of construction
Tile and Slate Ventilators
Designed to ventilate through the roof slope and form an integral part of a tile or slate roof covering. We supply:
- Premier In-line™ Range: designed to provide an aesthetic and unobtrusive solution with a recessed ventilation opening. Provide up to 10,000mm².
- G Range: a more economical general-purpose cowl range, offering a wider range of tike and slate matching. Provide up to 20,000mm².
Ridge Systems and Ventilators
Ridge systems and ventilators provide continuous roof space ventilation at the ridge. We supply:
- Fulmetal Rediroll Ventilated Dry Ridge/Hip: an innovative universal dry-fixed ventilated ridge and hip system. Manufactured from aluminium, it overcomes the durability and weathering problems associated with fabric-based systems.
- G Range: provides an aesthetic and unobtrusive solution to roof ventilation at ridge level.
We supply a wide range of eaves ventilators to suit every roof:
- FV Fascia Ventilators: an unobtrusive method of providing ventilation in a range of eaves details, including those without a projecting soffit. They must always be used with RV Rafter Ventilators to provide a continuous ventilation path from the roof void to the outside without impairing the weatherproof function of the structure, as required by BS 5250. They can also be used in situations where detailing is difficult and tile or slate ventilators are inappropriate, eg. Parapet walls, secret gutters etc. Can also be used for flat roofs.
- SV Soft Ventilators: for installation at eaves with a projecting soffit, and must always be used with RV Rafter Ventilators to provide a continuous continuous ventilation path from the roof void to the outside without impairing the weatherproof function of the structure, as required by BS 5250. SV120 and SV200 Soffit Ventilators are designed for easy installation in existing soffits, but can also be used in new work.
- RV Rafter Ventilators: designed to ensure a clear air path between roof underlay and insulation at all types of eaves. They should be installed continuously with FV Fascia Ventilators or SV Soffit Ventilators to provide a continuous ventilation path from the roof void to the outside without impairing the weatherproof function of the structure, as required by BS 5250.
Special Roof Ventilators
We supply a comprehensive range of special roof ventilators to suit every roof type:
- Premier Ventilated Valley: specifically designed as a universal system to provide rainwater drainage and to provide ventilation along the whole length of the roof valley. It provides continuous ventilation either above or below the underlay of 5,000mm sq per rafter void on each side of the valley, and is suitable for use with all concrete and clay tiles and all types of slate.
- Cross Rafter Ventilator: provides a high level air path between rafter voids in roofs where insulation is at rafter level. It can be used on hips to avoid stagnant air pockets, on ridges where a ventilated ridge is not feasible and below pitched roof windows. It substantially reduces the number of tile or slate vents needed, thus reducing cost and improving roof appearance, and can be used below pitched roof windows up to 1.2m wide without additional tile or slate ventilators. The unique design allows air flow over the rafter but avoids kicking up of battens, without affecting the normal laying of the roof covering.
- MR50 Monovent Lean-to-roof: Glidevale MR50 Monovent provides unobtrusive ventilation to top edge abutments of lean-to-roofs. The innovative design ensures a continuous ventilation gap of 5000mm2/m. It provides effective resistance to driving rain and large insect ingress; it is unobtrusive when installed and is quick and easy to install, with no special tools required.
- Premier Leadvent Ventilator: provides unobtrusive high-level ventilation in conjunction with lead roll details on plain tile and slate roofs. It is particularly useful in top edge abutment details where there is limited vertical clearance. It is unobtrusive when installed; does not affect the normal laying of the roof covering and offers an optional factory-fitted apron flashing for use with profiled tiles.
- Flat Roof Ventilation Terminals: these terminals act as outlets for soil vent pipes, passive ventilation stacks or mechanical extract ventilation ducts. There are options for installation directly on the roof deck with integral prefabricated upstand or for installation on a builder’s kerb. They can be used for warm or cold deck roofs with built-up roofing; with builder’s kerb they can be used with fully-supported metal roofing. The prefabricated upstand provides minimum 150mm clear upstand. Terminals have a 4mm large insect grille and condensation grooves which prevent condensate running back down the duct.